Born: 6 May 1983
- He is an Indian shooter, supported by the Olympic Gold Quest.
- He was the first Indian to qualify for the London Olympics.
- He won the Bronze Medal in the Men’s 10 m Air Rifle Event at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London with a final score of 701.1 on 30 July 2012.
- He is a gold medalist in the Afro Asian Games, 2003 in Hyderabad on 26 October 2003 in Men’s 10m air rifle competition.
- He won the Air Rifle Gold medal at the World Cup 2006 and followed it up with win in the event in April 2010.
- He qualified for the 2008 ISSF World Cup Final after he won a gold in the World Cup in China earlier in 2008.
- He shot a perfect 600 in the qualification round.
- He scored 103.5 in the final round making total score of 703.5 to gain the universe record.
- On 4 November 2008, he broke Austria’s Thomas Farnik’s record, set in the 2006 World Cup final in Granada, Spain.
- He said his win was special because Barack Obama, who won the United States’ Presidential election on same day, was a source of inspiration.
click here for more details
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)
May 6, 2019