- Astronomers have recently discovered a planet that is a near-identical twin of Jupiter.
- The newly discovered twin of Jupiter is also located at a similar distance from its star as the distance between Jupiter and the Sun.
- The newly discovered planet is named as K2-2016-BLG-0005Lb.
- This exoplanet has been discovered by an international astrophysicist’s team using data obtained by NASA’s Kepler space telescope.
- This is the first time Einstein’s microlensing method has been used by the Kepler Telescope to discover a planet.
- The Kepler Space Telescope has detected around 2700 planets in the Milky Way galaxy.
- The newly discovered planet is located 17,000 light-years away from Earth.
(Visited 439 times, 1 visits today)
April 11, 2022