Edasseri Govindan Nair
Born: 23 December 1906
Died: 16 October 1974
- He was an Indian poet and playwright of Malayalam literature.
- Known as one of the major poets of Malayalam, Edasseri was a recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award and the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Poetry.
- He was also a recipient of Asan Smaraka Kavitha Puraskaram, which was awarded posthumously.
- He received two awards from the Government of Tamil Nadu (known as Government of Madras), the first one for his play, Koottukrishi and the other, for his poem anthology, Puthan Kalavum Arivalum.
- He received the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award for Poetry in 1969 for the poem anthology Oru Pidi Nellikka and a year later, Sahitya Akademi awarded him their annual award for 1069 for Kavile Pattu, another of his anthology.
- He was awarded Asan Smaraka Kavitha Puraskaram posthumously in 1979, five years after his death, for the anthology, Anthithiri.
Click here for more details
(Visited 145 times, 2 visits today)
December 23, 2019