Dr. Prabha Atre
Born: 13 September 1932
- She is an Indian classical vocalist from the Kirana Gharana.
- She holds the world record to have released 11 books (from a single-stage).
- She released 11 books on music in Hindi and English at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi on 18 April 2016.
- Her music training was in the Guru-shishya tradition.
- She learnt classical music from Sureshbabu Mane and Hirabai Badodekar from the Kirana Gharana.
- She acknowledges the influence of two other greats, Amir Khan for khyal and Bade Ghulam Ali Khan for thumri, on her gayaki.
- While studying music, she finished college courses in science and law to receive degrees in both of those disciplines.
- She later also earned a PhD in music.
- Her doctoral thesis was titled Sargam and pertained to the use of sol-fa notes (Sargam) in Indian classical music.
- The Government of India conferred “Padma Shree” in 1990 and “Padma Bhushan” in 2002.
Click here for more details
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)
September 13, 2020