Born: 29 May 2006
- He commonly known as Gukesh D is an Indian chess player.
- He is the second youngest person in history to qualify for the title of Grandmaster, which FIDE awarded him in March 2019.
- He won the Under-9 section of the Asian School Chess Championships in 2015 and the World Youth Chess Championships in 2018 in the Under 12 category.
- He also won five gold medals at the 2018 Asian Youth Chess Championships, in the U-12 individual rapid and blitz, U-12 team rapid and blitz, and the U-12 individual classical formats.
- He completed the requirements for the title of International Master in March 2018 at the conclusion of the 34th Cappelle-la-Grande Open in France.
- He became the second-youngest grandmaster in history on January 15, 2019, at the age of 12 years, 7 months, and 17 days.
- As of 2019 he is the second-youngest grandmaster in the world and India’s youngest grandmaster.
Click here for more details
(Visited 84 times, 1 visits today)
May 29, 2020