Dipika Pallikal Karthik
Born: 21 September 1991
- She is an Indian professional squash player.
- She is the first Indian to break into the top 10 in the PSA Women’s rankings.
- She came to prominence in 2011, when she won three WISPA tour titles to attain a career-best ranking of 13th.
- She broke into the top 10 in December 2012.
- She turned professional in 2006, but her career was filled with ups and downs initially.
- She became more consistent and started notching up winning performances after her brief training stint in Egypt at the beginning of 2011.
- She clinched her first of three WISPA titles for 2011 in September by winning the Orange County Open in Irvine, California.
- She notched up her second in the United States with another WISPA tour event victory.
- The third came in Hong Kong in the Crocodile Challenge Cup in December 2011 and that took her to number 17 in world rankings.
- However, it was her performance in the World Open that shot her into the limelight.
- She finished in the top eight.
- She claimed a ranking of 14 as a result of these victories in February 2012, surpassing the earlier best world ranking by an Indian – 27th by former national champion Misha Grewal in 1995.
Click here for more details
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)
September 21, 2020