Born: 1 January 1979
- He is an Indian boxer who won the gold medal at the 1998 Asian Games in Bangkok.
- He is from the North-eastern Indian state of Manipur.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India in 2013.
- He won the King’s Cup in Bangkok in 1997.
- Dingko Singh won the Asian Games gold in the 1998 Bangkok Games.
- He, usually known as ‘Dingko Singh’ is an Indian Naval Boxer and considered to be one of the most outstanding boxers India has ever produced.
- He is a service personnel of the Indian Navy.
- He is well known for having grabbed a Gold Medal in the boxing event at the Bangkok Asian Games in Thailand- 1998.
- To commemorate his excellence in the sport of Boxing, and his extraordinary contribution to the nation by his consistent efforts and dedication, he was honored with the prestigious Arjuna Award in 1998 and Padma Shri in 2013.
Click here for more details
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
January 1, 2020