Dilip Kumar & Viswanathan “Vishy” Anand
Born:11 December 1922
Muhammad Yusuf Khan
- He better known as Dilip Kumar, is an Indian film actor, producer, screenwriter and activist, known for his work in Hindi cinema.
- Popularly known as The Tragedy King and The First Khan, he has been credited with bringing realism to film acting since his first film which was released in 1944.
- He has won nine Filmfare Awards and is the first recipient of the Filmfare Best Actor Award (1954).
- Critics have acclaimed him as one of the greatest actors in the history of Indian cinema.
- He holds the Guinness World Record for winning the maximum number of awards by an Indian actor.
- He has received many awards throughout his career, including 10 Filmfare Awards for Best Actor and One Lifetime Achievement for Filmfare Also for Special Recognition FilmFare Award for recognising him as one first recipients to receive a Filmfare Award along with the nightingale of India Lata Mangeshkar and one of the greatest Hindi Music Directors Naushad Ali at the 50th Filmfare Award Ceremony and along with 19 nominations at Filmfare for best actor.
Viswanathan “Vishy” Anand
Born: 11 December 1969
- He is an Indian chess grandmaster and a former World Chess Champion.
- He became India’s first grandmaster in 1988.
- He held the FIDE World Chess Championship from 2000 to 2002, thus becoming the first Asian to do so.
- He became the undisputed World Champion in 2007 and defended his title against Vladimir Kramnik in 2008.
- He won the World Rapid Chess Championship in 2003 and 2017.
- In April 2006 he became the fourth player in history to pass the 2800 Elo mark on the FIDE rating list, after Garry Kasparov, Vladimir Kramnik and Veselin Topalov.
- He occupied the number one position for 21 months, the 6th longest on record.
- He was also the first recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 1991–92, India’s highest sporting honour.
- In 2007, he was awarded India’s second highest civilian award, the Padma Vibhushan, making him the first sportsperson to receive the award.
(Visited 142 times, 1 visits today)
December 11, 2018