Dhirubhai Premshankar Thaker
Born: 27 June 1918
Died: 22 January 2014
- He was an Indian Gujarati writer, who was best known for creating the Gujarati Vishwakosh, a 25-volume encyclopedia of the Gujarati language.
- He had written ten works on criticism, seven collections of essays, two research works, three biographies including his autobiography.
- He had also written on biographical play, two children’s plays, one travelogue and two translations.
- He had edited four study works, sixteen literary works, nine collections (with others) and history of Gujarati literature.
- He wrote a biography of Manilal Dwivedi entitled Manilal Nabhubhai: Jeevanrang.
- He wrote a biographical play, Uncho Parvat Undi Khin (1993), based on the life of Manilal Dwivedi.
- It was awarded a prize by Batubhai Umarvadia Centre for being the best play.
- He was the recipient of the Ranjitram Suvarna Chandrak, the highest literary award in Gujarati language, in 1994 and the Narmad Suvarna Chandrak in 2012.
- He had received Sahitya Gaurav Puraskar in 1998.
- He was awarded Padma Bhushan on 25 January 2014 for his contribution in the field of literature and education.
Click here for more details
(Visited 106 times, 1 visits today)
June 27, 2020