Born: 10 Sept 1922
Died: 27 Dec 1992
- He was an Indian Bengali singer and composer.
- He was a versatile Shyama Sangeet singer.
- He started his career by singing modern Bengali as well as Hindi songs.
- His first song was “Jodi bhule jao more/janabo na abhiman…” in 1940, recorded with Pioneer Company.
- His first playback was in 1943.
- He was best known for singing Shyama Sangeet. Out of the 24 songs in the movie Sadhak Ramprasad (1956), Dhananjay sang 23.
- He was versatile in singing major types and forms of songs including modern Bengali, Hindustani classical music, Rabindra Sangeet, Kirtan, Bhajan, Baul, Ramprasadi (of Ramprasad Sen), Nazrul Geeti, and Shyama Sangeet.
- His singing career lasted more than fifty years. There are 500 records of his songs.
- He was also a lyricist and wrote about 400 songs in the name of “Shri Partha” and “Shri Ananda”.
Click here for more details
(Visited 78 times, 1 visits today)
September 10, 2019