Devi Prasad Shetty
Born:8 May 1953
- He is an Indian cardiac surgeon and entrepreneur .
- He is chairman and Founder of Narayana Health, a chain of 21 medical centers in India.
- He has performed more than 15,000 heart operations.
- In 2004 he was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award followed by the Padma Bhushan in 2012, the third highest civilian award by the Government of India for his contribution to the field of affordable healthcare.
- He successfully performed the first neonatal heart surgery in the country in 1992, on a 9-day-old baby named “Ronnie”.
- In Kolkata he operated on Mother Teresa after she had a heart attack and subsequently served as her personal physician.
- He also founded Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS) in Kolkata and signed a memorandum of understanding with the Karnataka Government to build 5,000-bed specialty hospital near Bangalore International Airport.
- His company signed a MOU with the Government of Gujarat, to set up a 5,000 bed hospital at Ahmedabad.
click here for more details
(Visited 74 times, 2 visits today)
May 8, 2019