Born: 25 November 1898
Died: 17 November 1971
- He was an Indian director, writer, and actor who is recognized for his contribution to Hindi as well as Bengali cinema.
- He was born on 25 November 1898 in Kaigram, (now East Burdwan), Burdwan, Bengal, British India.
- He died on 17 November 1971 in Calcutta, West Bengal, India.
- He is known for his innovative use of sound and music in Indian Cinema.
- He worked first under the banner of British Dominion Films of Dhiren Ganguly and later with Pramathesh Barua’s Barua Pictures and finally he joined New Theatres banner in 1932.
- He started his own production company, Debaki Productions, in 1945.
- He was a top Indian film director in his time.
- During this period, many of the Bengali films made by him were also released in Hindi and even in Marathi and Tamil.
- Chandidas (1932), directed by him, contained background music for the first time in Indian Cinema.
- Raichand Boral, also known as R.C. Boral was the music director.
Click here for more details
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)
November 25, 2019