Dalip Singh Rana & Sir Dorabji Tata
Dalip Singh Rana
Born: 27 August 1972
- He better known by the ring name The Great Khali, is an Indian professional wrestler, promoter and actor.
- A professional wrestler since 2000, he was most notably with WWE from 2006 to 2014 where he performed under the moniker “The Great Khali”.
- After becoming WWE’s World Heavyweight Champion in July 2007, he became the first Indian world champion in WWE history.
- Before embarking on his professional wrestling career, he was an officer for the Punjab state police.
- He has appeared in four Hollywood films, two Bollywood films and several television shows.
- Under the ring name Giant Singh he first became a professional wrestler for All Pro Wrestling (APW) in the United States, making his first appearance in October 2000 when teaming with Tony Jones against the West Side Playaz.
- When he came to San Francisco, he signed a contract with World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and spent eight months there, until WCW was bought by their rival promotion, World Wrestling Federation (WWF).
Click here for more details
Sir Dorabji Tata
Born: 27 August 1859
Died: 3 June 1932
- He was an Indian businessman and a key figure in the history and development of the Tata Group.
- He was knighted in 1910 for his contributions to the industry in British India.
- He was intimately involved in the fulfillment of his father’s ideas of a modern iron and steel industry and agreed to the necessity for hydroelectric electricity to power the industry.
- He is credited with the establishment of the conglomerates Tata Steel in 1907 which his father founded and Tata Power in 1911, which are the core of the present-day Tata Group.
- He is known to have personally accompanied the mineralogists who were searching for iron fields, and it is said that his presence encouraged the researchers to look in areas that would otherwise have been neglected.
- Under his management, the business that had once included three cotton mills and the Taj Hotel Bombay
- grew to include India’s largest private sector steel company, three electric companies and one of India’s leading insurance companies.
- Founder of New India Assurance Co Ltd. in 1919, the largest General Insurance company in India.
- He was knighted in January 1910 by Edward VII, becoming Sir Dorabji Tata.
click here for more details
(Visited 87 times, 1 visits today)
August 27, 2019