Born: 6 June 1936
Died: 18 February 2015
- He was an Indian film producer.
- He was the founder of Suresh Productions and has a place in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most films produced by an individual, having produced more than 150 films in 13 Indian languages.
- He also served as a member of parliament for the Bapatla constituency of Guntur District in the 13th Lok Sabha from 1999 to 2004.
- In 2012, he was conferred with the third-highest civilian award in the Republic of India, the Padma Bhushan, in recognition for his contribution to Indian cinema.
- In 2009, he was conferred with the Dada Saheb Phalke Award, the highest award for films in Indian cinema.
- He has also received the Raghupathi Venkaiah Award, and the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award – South for his work in Telugu cinema.
- He contributed a substantial part of his earnings to numerous philanthropic purposes under the “Ramanaidu Charitable Trust” that was founded in 1991.
Click here for more details
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)
June 6, 2020