Born: 24 April 1934
Died: 8 April 2015
- He , popularly known as JK, was an Indian writer, journalist, orator, film-maker, critic and activist.
- He dropped out of school at the age of 9 and went to Madras, where he joined the Communist Party of India.
- In a career spanning six decades, he authored around 40 novels, 200 short stories, apart from two autobiographies.
- Outside literature, he made two films. In addition, four of his other novels were adapted into films by others.
- His literary honours include Jnanpith and Sahitya Akademi awards.
- He was also a recipient of Padma Bhushan (2009), India’s third-highest civilian honour, the Soviet Land Nehru Award (1978), and the Russian government’s Order of Friendship (2011).
click here for more details
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)
April 24, 2020