C. R. Rao
Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao
Born: 10 September 1920
- He is an Indian-American mathematician and statistician.
- He is currently professor emeritus at Pennsylvania State University and Research Professor at the University at Buffalo.
- Rao has been honoured by numerous colloquia, honorary degrees, and festschrifts and was awarded the US National Medal of Sciencein 2002.
- The American Statistical Association has described him as “a living legend whose work has influenced not just statistics, but has had far reaching implications for fields as varied as economics, genetics, anthropology, geology, national planning, demography, biometry, and medicine.
- Rao is also a Senior Policy and Statistics advisor for the Indian Heart Association non-profit focused on raising South Asian cardiovascular disease awareness.
- He won Sardar Patel Lifetime Achievement Award (Sardar Ratna) of the Sardar Patel Foundation India (2015).
- He won Padma Vibhushan (2001) by the Government of India.
- He won India Science Award 2010 (the highest award in a scientific field presented by government of India).
(Visited 129 times, 1 visits today)
September 10, 2018