Born: 13 October 1936
Died: 9 February 1996
- He was a classical musician from India, and arguably one of the greatest Veena artistes, in the Carnatic Music genre of South India, who became a legend in his own lifetime.
- His name was synonymous with the musical instrument Veena, and he was and still is known in the Carnatic Music world, simply as Veena Chitti Babu.,
- He even as a child of 12, was very focused and determined on becoming a performing classical musician, after the movie assignment.
- He was inspired by the original style of Veena maestro Emani Sankara Sastry and was under his tutelage, learning all the nuances and honing his skills.
- In 1979, he had also composed music for a Kannada movie called “Sri Raghavendra Mahime” that was also dubbed into Telugu.
- However, the burning ambition inside him to continue to establish himself as an independent, freelancing solo concert artiste made him declare at a very young age – “Veena is my Mission in Life” and caused him to pursue a lifelong career as a performing artist, a goal from which he never wavered for the rest of his life.
- His music could impress the connoisseurs and invoke the interest and curiosity of the youngsters as well, that always ensured that his concerts were a big draw in terms of audience.
Click here for more details
(Visited 76 times, 1 visits today)
October 13, 2019