Born:30 September 1149
- He was an Indian poet, who composed Prithviraj Raso, an epic poem in Brajbhasa about the life of the Chahamana king Prithviraj Chauhan.
- The Prithviraj Raso was embellished with time and quite a few authors added to it.
- There are many versions of Raso but scholars agree that a 1400 stanza poem is the real “Prithivraj Raso”, In its longest form the poem comprises upwords of 10,000 stanzas.
- The Prithviraj Raso is a source of information on the social and clan structure of the Kshatriya communities of northern India.
- The historicity of Prithviraj Raso was proved unreliable by historians like Georg Bühler, Morrison, GH Ojha and Munshi Devi Prasad.
(Visited 204 times, 1 visits today)
September 30, 2018