Byrana Nagappa Suresh
Born: 12 November 1943
- He is an Indian aerospace scientist.
- He is presently the Chancellor, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, IIST at Thiruvanthapuram, and Honorary Distinguished Professor at ISRO HQ.
- He was President Indian National Academy of Engineering, INAE at Delhi, which is a premier engineering Academy in the country for four years from 2015 to 2018.
- He served as the Director of Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram during the period 2003–2007.
- He is known for his contribution to the development of Indian launch vehicles, Space Capsule Recovery Experiments (SRE), and also for R& D management.
- He also served as the founding director of the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram.
- He retired from IIST in November 2010.
- He was Vikram Sarabhai Distinguished Professor at ISRO HQ for 5 years since November 2010 and also as a distinguished professor at IIT, Mumbai, and MIT, Manipal for 3 years.
- He was a member of the board of governors (BOG) for IIT, Madras for 7years till July 2018.
- He is also chairman of the governing council for MVJ College of Engineering at Bangalore.
- He is the vice-chair for the Design Division of the Aeronautical Society of India.
- He is one of the associate editors of the book From Fishing Hamlet To Red Planet and a co-author of Ever Upwards: ISRO in Images, both tracing the history of the Indian Space Research Organisation.
Click here for more details
(Visited 97 times, 1 visits today)
September 12, 2020