Born: 12 January 1936
Died: 31 May 2014
- He was an Indian poet who wrote in Odia.
- He is internationally recognised and is the recipient of many prestigious awards like the Odisha Sahitya Academy Award, Vishuba Award, Gokarnika Award, First Shudramuni Sahitya Award and Honoured by South Korea’s Ambassador, from Global Cooperation Society International, Seol, Republic of Korea for Contribution in World welfare, Cooperation and Services.
- He awarded Tagore Literature Awards in 2010 for Samanya Asamanya, a poetry collection containing three types of poems: progressive, satirical and philosophical.
- This unique collection carries the message of hope to mankind.
- His first poem was written to welcome India’s independence in 1947.
- He has been conferred with the highest honours from the Odisha Sahitya Academy Award for Manara Manachitra (Map of the Mind) to the Silver Jubilee Award for poetry by Prajatantra Prachar Samiti, Cuttack.
Click here for more details
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)
January 12, 2020