Born: 26 October 1881
Died: 24 November 1934
- He was a lawyer and political leader.
- He was known as Deshpran because of his work for the country and for his efforts in the Swadeshi movement.
- For political reasons, the Midnapore district was proposed to divide into two by British Raj and Biren Sasmal started protested against it.
- He toured the region and organized protest movements.
- The proposal for partition was withdrawn.
- He started practicing law at Calcutta High Court in 1904.
- In 1913 leaving Calcutta High Court, Birendranath practiced in Midnapore District Court for a few years but later he again joined the High Court.
- In the High Court, he defended the accused in the Chittagong Armed Robbery case.
- He was jailed for nine-month by British Raj for calling a general strike during the visit of King George V to British India.
- During his stay at Presidency Jail, he wrote his autobiography named Sroter Trina.
Click here for more details
(Visited 150 times, 1 visits today)
October 26, 2019