Billimoga Puttaswamy Govinda
Born: 4 March 1951
- He was an Indian professional field hockey player and the former captain of the Indian team.
- He was considered as one of the fastest hockey players during his time and was known for his ball shooting ability.
- He played for India in the three Asian Games: 1970, 1974 and 1978 with India finishing second in all the three of them.
- He also played in the 1972 Summer Olympics at Munich, 1973 World Cup in Amsterdam, 1975 World Cup at Kuala Lumpur which India won beating Pakistan 2-1 in the Finals and at the Montreal Olympics in 1976.
- In 1972, he was selected for the World XI team.
- He was awarded the Arjuna Award for his contribution to Indian hockey.
- He then took up the role of the selector for the national hockey team.
Click here for more details
(Visited 98 times, 1 visits today)
March 4, 2020