Bidyut Prabha Devi
Born: 12 July 1926
Died: 28 January 1977
- She was an Odia poet from India.
- She is recognized as one of the best female poets in Odia literature.
- She started writing poems from 1940 and subsequently, her poems were published in literary magazines, with her elder sister Basanti who had written some poems.
- She published her first collection of poems Sabita in 1944, which has mostly patriotic poems relating to the glory and grandeur of the land of Orissa.
- Though educated in an urban area, her poems reflect the memory of the rural life of her childhood.
- Considerably influenced by two Odia poets, Nanda Kishore Bal and Kunja Bihari Das, her poems deal with the problem of women that exist in an age-old conservative society.
- She also wrote plays and some children’s literature.
- Her complete works of poems were published as Bidyutprabha Sanchayan in 1957.
Click here for more details
(Visited 200 times, 1 visits today)
July 12, 2020