Born: 10 November 1910
Died: 11 September 1987
- He is the Pen name of Bhashyam Iyengar, a noted Tamil writer of historical fiction.
- He is known for his historical romance and adventure novels, often set in the times of the Chola and Pandya empires.
- He wrote his first short story titled Shantha Seelan.
- Impressed with his work, Kalki published his short stories like Kannammavin Kadhal, Adhirshtam in Ananda Vikatan.
- Encouraged by this success Sandilyan started learning the Tamil language formally from a Tamil Pandit named Thirukannapuram Srinivachariar.
- He started writing Tamil short stories in the Tamil Weekly Sudesamithran and also worked as a reporter in Sudesamithran from 1935 to 1942.
- Later he became a sub-editor at the English daily newspaper Hindustan Times.
- During his time at the Hindustan Times, he became friends with BN Reddy of Vijaya Studios and Chittor V. Nagaiah.
- This bought him into the world of films.
- He co-wrote the screenplays of films like Swarga Seema (1945) and En Veedu (1953).
- He later wrote about his film world experiences in his book Cinema Valarndha Kadhai (1985).
- Later he also produced a documentary titled “Birth of a Newspaper”.
Click here for more details
(Visited 256 times, 1 visits today)
November 10, 2019