Bharat Ratna Dr. Rajendra Prasad &Arjuna Awardee Mithali Dorai Raj
Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Born:3 December 1884
Died:28 February 1963
- He was the first President of India, in office from 1952 to 1962.
- He was an Indian political leader, and lawyer by training, he joined the Indian National Congress during the Indian Independence Movement and became a major leader from the region of Bihar.
- A supporter of Mahatma Gandhi, he was imprisoned by British authorities during the Salt Satyagraha of 1931 and the Quit India movement of 1942.
- After the 1946 elections, he served as Minister of Food and Agriculture in the central government.
- Upon independence in 1947, he was elected as President of the Constituent Assembly of India, which prepared the Constitution of India and served as its provisional parliament.
- He was subsequently awarded the Bharat Ratna, the nation’s highest civilian award.
- Rajendra Smriti Sangrahalaya in Patna is dedicated to him.
click here for details
Mithali Dorai Raj
Born:3 December 1982
- She is an Indian cricketer and the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team in Tests and ODI.
- Often regarded as one of the greatest batswomen to have ever played the game.
- she is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket and the only female cricketer to surpass the 6,000 run mark in WODIsshe is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket and the only female cricketer to surpass the 6,000 run mark in WODIs.
- She is the first player to score 7 consecutive 50s in ODIs.
- In June 2018 during the 2018 Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup, she became the first player from India (either male or female) to score 2000 runs in T20Is and also set the milestone for becoming the first woman cricketer to reach 2000 T20I runs.
- She is the only player (male or female) to have captained India in more than one ICC ODI World Cup final, doing so twice in 2005 and 2017.
- She recieved Arjuna Award, Padma Shri India’s fourth highest civilian award.
click here for more details
(Visited 148 times, 1 visits today)
December 3, 2018