Bharat Ratna Chakravarti Rajagopalachari & Jasuben Shilpi
Born:10 December 1878
Died:25 December 1972
- He informally called Rajaji or C.R.
- He was was an Indian politician, independence activist, lawyer, writer, historian and statesman.
- He was the last Governor-General of India, as India soon became a Republic in 1950.
- He was the first Indian-born governor-general, since before him the posts were held by British nationals.
- He also served as leader of the Indian National Congress, Premier of the Madras Presidency, Governor of West Bengal, Minister for Home Affairs of the Indian Union and Chief Minister of Madras state.
- He founded the Swatantra Party and was one of the first recipients of India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna.
- He vehemently opposed the use of nuclear weapons and was a proponent of world peace and disarmament. During his lifetime, he also acquired the nickname ‘Mango of Krishnagiri’.
Born:10 December 1948
Died:14 January 2013
- She was an Indian bronze sculpture artist.
- In her career she made more than 525 bust size and 225 large size statues.
- She was popularly known as “The Bronze woman of India”.
- In 2005, for her bronze statue depicting Rani Laxmibai riding on a horse her name was included in Limca Book of Records.
- In her career, she won several national and international awards and honours.
(Visited 153 times, 1 visits today)
December 10, 2018