Born: 3 May 1897
Died: 26 November 1994
- He was a film personality in India, and recipient of Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the most prestigious award in the field.
- He started his career in the era of silent films.
- He was associated with Prabhat Film Company’s earliest talkies, and also worked with other studios in hometown of Kolhapur.
- Later he acquired his own studio in form of Jayprabha Studio and became a film producer and director.
- He also wrote lyrics for some film songs in Marathi.
- His more famous films are: Netaji Palkar, Thoratanchi Kamala, Chhatrapati Shivaji, Mohityanchi Manjula, Maratha Titutka Melvava, Sadhi Manse, Tambdi Maati.
- Hindi: Maharathi Karna, Valimi, Chhatrapati Shivaji.Ganimi Kawaclick here for more details
(Visited 61 times, 1 visits today)
May 3, 2020