Badruddin Jamaluddin Kazi
Born: 11 November 1926
Died: 29 July 2003
- He was better known by his stage name Johnny Walker.
- He was an Indian actor who acted in around 300 films.
- He was born in Indore, British India, the son of a mill worker. His father was made redundant and the family moved to Bombay (now Mumbai).
- Kazi took various jobs as the sole breadwinner for the family, eventually becoming a bus conductor with Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST).
- He was primarily an actor of comedic roles but towards the end of his life became disenchanted, saying, “Earlier, comedians had a respectable position and an almost parallel role with the protagonist, now it is just to bring a touch of humour.
- He received Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for his role in Madhumati.
- He received Filmfare Best Comedian Award for his role in Shikar.
(Visited 120 times, 1 visits today)
November 11, 2018