Born: 23 February 1965
Died: 26 November 2008
- He was an Indian police officer, serving as the Additional Commissioner of the Mumbai Police supervising the Eastern region.
- He was martyred in action during the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- He was posthumously given the Ashoka Chakra on 26 January 2009.
- An accomplished athlete, he represented India at the junior power-lifting championship in Peru in 1978.
- He was survived by his wife Vinita, their two sons Rahul and Arjun, and by his father, mother, and sister, Sharmila.
- His wife subsequently co-authored a biography of her husband.
- He was killed in action by terrorists during the Mumbai attacks, on 26 November 2008 in a narrow lane between St. Xavier’s College and the Rang Bhavan opposite Corporation Bank ATM just a stone away from Crime Branch office.
Click here for more details
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)
February 23, 2020