Born: 22 October 1900
Died: 19 December 1927
- He was a freedom fighter in the Indian independence movement.
- To give a boost to their movement and buy arms and ammunition to carry out their activities, the revolutionaries of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association organized a meeting on 8 August 1925 in Shahjahanpur.
- After a lot of deliberations, it was decided to loot the government treasury carried in the trains.
- On 9 August 1925, he and other revolutionaries, namely Ram Prasad Bismil, Rajendra Lahiri, Thakur Roshan Singh, Sachindra Bakshi, Chandrashekar Azad, Keshab Chakravarty, Banwari Lal, Mukundi Lal, Manmathnath Gupta looted the train carrying British government money in Kakori near Lucknow.
- He was put to death by hanging on 19 December 1927 at Faizabad jail.
- This revolutionary man became a martyr and a legend among his people due to his love for the motherland, his clear thinking, unshakeable courage, firmness, and loyalty.
- The actions of him and his compatriots have been depicted in the Hindi film Rang De Basanti (2006), where his character was depicted by Kunal Kapoor.
- Chetanya Adib portrayed him in the Star Bharat television series Chandrashekhar.
Click here for more details
(Visited 219 times, 1 visits today)
October 22, 2019