Born:8 September 1933
- She is an Indian singer.
- She is best known as a playback singer in Hindi cinema, although she has a wider repertoire.
- Renowned for her voice range and often credited for her versatility, Bhosle’s work includes film music, pop, ghazals, bhajans, traditional Indian classical music, folk songs, qawwalis, and Rabindra Sangeets.
- Apart from Hindi, she has sung in over 20 Indian and foreign languages.
- In 2006, Asha Bhosle stated that she had sung over 12,000 songs, a figure repeated by several other sources. In 2011, she was officially acknowledged by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist in music history.
- The Government of India honored her with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2000 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2008.
- She has won seven Filmfare Best Female Playback Awards of 18 nominations.
- She was later given a Special Award Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001.
(Visited 68 times, 1 visits today)
September 8, 2018