A R Rehman
Born:6 January 1967
- He is known professionally as A. R. Rahman, is an Indian music director, composer, singer-songwriter, and music producer.
- He works are noted for integrating Indian classical music with electronic music, world music and traditional orchestral arrangements.
- Among his awards are six National Film Awards, two Academy Awards, two Grammy Awards, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe Award, fifteen Filmfare Awards and seventeen Filmfare Awards South.
- He has been awarded the Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award, in 2010 by the Government of India.
- In 2009, Rahman was included on the Time 100 list of the world’s most influential people.
- The UK-based world-music magazine Songlines named him one of “Tomorrow’s World Music Icons” in August 2011.
- South Indian fans of Rahman refer him with the nickname of “The Mozart of Madras”, and “Isai Puyal” (English: the Musical Storm).
- He received the 2008 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Rotary Club of Madras.
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)
January 14, 2016