Born: 30 June 1935
- He is a Bengali Indian academic and a professor of chemistry.
- In 1975, he was awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology in chemistry by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- He had started as a research associate at MIT and Harvard.
- He had also served as professor and head of the department of chemistry at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, and as professor and head of the department of inorganic chemistry at the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science at the University of Calcutta, and as a visiting professor at the Texas A&M University.
- He was also the Hindustan Lever Research Professor at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research.
- He had guided fifty-eight Ph.D.’s and numerous postdoctoral associates, many of the former students have become well-known personalities and are doing outstanding work in academic and industrial organizations in India and abroad.
Click here for more details
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)
June 30, 2020