Amritsar Govindsingh Ram Singh
Born: 14 July 1910
Died: 11 August 1999
- He was an Indian first-class cricketer.
- An allrounder, he bowled slow left-arm orthodox and was a left-handed middle-order batsman.
- His son A. G. Kripal Singh played Test cricket for India.
- He played for Madras and was just the second player to achieve the Ranji Trophy double of 1000 runs and 100 wickets.
- He was the first bowler to take 5 wickets in an innings and 10 wickets in a match in the Ranji Trophy.
- He achieved that feat in the very first match of the Ranji Trophy, playing for Madras against Mysore.
- He took his best ever innings figures of 8 for 14 in a Madras Presidency Match, playing for the Indians against the Europeans.
- He was a much-loved cricket coach for the schoolboys of Sir M Venkatasubba Rao Boys School in T Nagar, Madras during the late 1970s and the 1980s.
- His dedication to the game and to the young cricketers was something which those he coached have kept very close to their cricketing hearts.
click here for more details
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
July 14, 2019