Born:20 March 1966
- She is an Indian playback singer. She is noted in Indian cinema for a career spanning over three decades.
- She is a record seven-time winner from a record of 36 nominations of the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer, a two-time recipient of the National Film Award as well as several other music awards..Further, as many as twenty of her tracks feature in BBC’s “Top 40 Bollywood Soundtracks of all time” review.
- She has sung in many languages other than Urdu-Hindi, including Gujarati, Avadhi, Odia, Assamese, Meitei, Rajasthani, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, English and Malayalam.
- She has won several music awards for best female playback such as Filmfare Awards, National Awards, Lata Mangeshkar Award , Bollywood Movie Awards, IIFA Awards, Star Screen Awards, Zee Cine Awards, etc.
- She also holds the record for most awards won (7) as well as maximum nominations (36) for Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer.
click here for more details
(Visited 174 times, 1 visits today)
March 20, 2019