Akkineni Lakshmi Vara Prasada Rao
Born: 17 January 1908
Died: 22 June 1994
- He known popularly as L. V. Prasad, was an Indian film producer, actor, director, cinematographer and businessman.
- He was one of the pioneers of Indian cinema and is the recipient of the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest Award for films in India.
- In 1980, he was awarded the Raghupathi Venkaiah Award, for his contribution to Telugu cinema.
- He founded Prasads Group in 1956, which include the Prasad Art Pictures, Prasad Studios, Prasads IMAX and L V Prasad Eye Institute.
- He was the chairman of the 27th National Film Awards Selection Committee held at New Delhi in 1980.
- He was the chairman of the All India Selection Panel of Indian Panorama section for the 8th International Film Festival of India from 3 to 17 January 1981.
- He was also the chairman of the International Jury for Children’s Film Festival held in November 1981 at Madras.
- He was elected as the President of The South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce for the year 1982–83.
- He was a Member of the Board of Film Censors from October 1980 to February 1987.
- He was Chairman of the Studio Owners, Council, a wing of Film Federation of India.
- The Government of India released a Commemorative postage stamp in his memory in 2006.
click here for more details
(Visited 63 times, 1 visits today)
January 17, 2020