Born:16 December 1933
Died:19 August 2014
- He was a noted Indian Bharatnatyam dancer, choreographer and guru.
- His first ventured into teaching outside Kalakshetra in Vyjayantimala Bali’s school, Natyalaya.
- He conducted over ten arangetrams, assisted in productions like “Tiruppavai”, “Azhagar Kuravanji”, “Chandalika” and “Sanga Tamil Malai”.
- He founded the Bharatha Choodamani Academy of Fine arts on 22 August 1969.
- He has trained a wide variety of dancers and many professionals and produced dance drama productions like “Varunapuri Kuravanji”, “Aiychiar Kuravai,” etc.
- He has also choreographed classical dance sequences in films like “Hamsa Geethe”, “Subba Sastri” and “Ananda Tandavam”.
- He has received several awards for his outstanding contribution to the art of Bharatha Nayam, as a dance guru, choreographer, composer and nattuvanar.
- He received the Padma Shriaward from the president of India in 1989, and Sangeet Natak Akademi Award (Bharatnatyam) in 1991 by Sangeet Natak Akademi, India’s National Academy of Music Dance & Drama.
(Visited 180 times, 1 visits today)
December 16, 2018