Born:3 July 1941
- He is an Indian film director, scriptwriter, and producer and is regarded as one of the most notable filmmakers in India.
- With the release of his first feature film Swayamvaram (1972), Adoor pioneered the new wave in Malayalam cinema during the 1970s.
- In a career spanning over five decades, Adoor has made only 12 feature films to date.
- His films are made in the Malayalam language and often depict the society and culture of his native state Kerala.
- Nearly all of his films premired at Venice, Cannes and Toronto International Film Festival.
- Along with Satyajit Ray and Mrinal Sen, he is one of the most recognized Indian film directors in world cinema.
- For his films, Adoor has won the National Film Award 16 times, next only to Ray and Sen.
- He also won the Kerala State Film Awards a record 17 times.
- He was awarded the State honours Padma Shri in 1984 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2006.
- He received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2004 for his valuable contributions to Indian cinema.
- In consideration of his contribution to Indian cinema, the nation honoured him with the title of Padma Shri(India’s fourth highest civilian award) in 1984.
click here for more details
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)
July 3, 2019