Born:3 July 1941
- He is an Indian film director, scriptwriter, and producer and is regarded as one of the most notable filmmakers in India.
- With the release of his first feature film Swayamvaram (1972), Adoor pioneered the new wave in Malayalam cinema during the 1970s.
- In a career spanning over five decades, Adoor has made only 12 feature films to date.
- His films are made in the Malayalam language and often depict the society and culture of his native state Kerala.
- Nearly all of his films premired at Venice, Cannes and Toronto International Film Festival.
- Along with Satyajit Ray and Mrinal Sen, he is one of the most recognized Indian film directors in world cinema.
- For his films, Adoor has won the National Film Award 16 times, next only to Ray and Sen.
- He also won the Kerala State Film Awards a record 17 times.
- He was awarded the State honours Padma Shri in 1984 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2006.
- He received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2004 for his valuable contributions to Indian cinema.
- In consideration of his contribution to Indian cinema, the nation honoured him with the title of Padma Shri(India’s fourth highest civilian award) in 1984.
click here for more details
(Visited 67 times, 1 visits today)
July 3, 2019