सभी देशवासियों को गणतंत्र दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं!
· Republic Day is a National holiday in India where the country marks and celebrates the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect on 26 January 1950.
· This replaced the Government of India Act 1935 as the governing document of India, thus turning the nation into a republic separate from British Raj.
· The constitution was adopted by the Indian Constituent Assembly on 26 November 1949 and came into effect on 26 January 1950.
· 26 January was chosen as the date for Republic Day as it was on that day in 1930 when the Declaration of Indian Independence was proclaimed by the Indian National Congress.
· The main Republic Day celebration is held in the national capital, New Delhi, at the Rajpath(officially named ‘Kartavya Path’), before the President of India.
· On this day, ceremonious parades take place at the Rajpath, which are performed as a tribute to India; its unity in diversity and rich cultural heritage.
· The parade showcases India’s Defence Capability, Cultural and Social Heritage.
· Nine to twelve different regiments of the Indian Army in addition to the Navy, and Air Force with their bands march past in all their finery and official decorations.
· The President of India who is the Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces, takes the salute. Twelve contingents of various para-military forces of India and police forces also take part in this parade.